Used luxury watch buying is tricky. Here are some important questions to ask before buying a used luxury watch
Nobody buys a luxury watch just to check the time. There is a whole story behind a stunning watch that you may be fawning over. So if you are planning to buy a luxury watch, especially if it’s a used one, it’s essential to cover your basics first.
Instead of speculating about the good and bad, find out the truth about pre-owned watches and pick a suitable one for your budget, liking, and use.
Buying a Luxury Watch Involves A Whole Procedure
- Before you purchase a luxury watch, we recommend you to explore different brands and models of watches, read reviews, talk to other owners of your desired model, and watch videos of online experts. You can also get opinions of experienced salespeople (online or in-store) or anyone who is passionate about collecting watches.
Buying a used luxury watch is a personal decision that should not be taken carelessly. No matter how much your friend or a salesperson emphasizes buying a certain watch, if it doesn’t go with your style don’t buy it.
Questions to Ask While Buying a Used Luxury Watch
To make things easier for you, we have shortlisted some important questions you should ask your seller and yourself before buying a watch.
When Was the Watch Released?
- It sounds simple, but make sure the seller knows when a particular watch was released. In general, newer watches are not cheap. If you buy a watch with an older release date it will be a good and smart decision.
How Much Would the Watch Service Cost?
- Luxury watches are high-end and efficient machines. Like engines, watches require regular maintenance in the form of polishing, lubrication, battery replacement, gear control, etc.
However, in most cases, experienced pre-owned watch dealers can estimate how often they will need to service the watch and how much it will cost each time. This is an important factor to consider if you want your investment to be as foolproof as possible.
How Many Features Does it Possess?
- Many watches in the market usually display accurate time and date, but luxury watches come with several other very useful features as well. You will find watches with calendars, chronographs, and many other interesting complications.
With this in mind, you should ask the seller to show you a watch with specific watch features that you are looking for. This will help the seller pick the best possible options which suit your style and meet your requirements.
Is There a Better Option for the Same Price?
- You should look into different models of watches before spending your money. Most often, these models have similar features, materials, color variations, etc. but you can easily spot a winner among them.
But to do so, you need to have a better understanding of what to buy that will last for a long time. Used luxury watches have a comparatively shorter life span than new ones.
Do You Know the Manufacturer?
- You may not like the answer, but this is probably the most important question when checking the seller’s expertise with luxury watches. There are many ways to answer this question, but in the end, you are looking for more than just the name of the brand.
Don’t settle for “quartz” or “auto”. Try to gather more information, such as organization name, creator, and details about the organization.
- A good quality watch is an investment in your personality and style. If you like the look but the price seems out of your reach, it’s best to get a used luxury watch. It will provide the same comfort and luxury to your wrist but will be way lighter on your wallet.
To find the best pre-owned luxury watches, check out Lido Watch Club. Lido Watch Club deals in the sale and purchase of preowned luxury watches.